Geography is one of the gameplay mechanics, refering to the topographical features of a region.
The Mount&Blade games create notional regions inhabited by various factions.
Types of TerrainEdit
Terrain varies widely through both worlds ranging across:
- Mountains feature extreme altitude changes and steep inclines. Cavalry is impaired here.
- Steppes are mostly flat with little vegetation, excellent cavalry terrain.
- Plains feature varied but mostly flat terrain, often featuring low hills, sparse trees and a shallow creek.
- Forests are typically hilly with denser trees. Archers are often impaired by the limited sightlines and cavalry is hindered by the trees and inclines.
- Tundras are usually flat or hilly, with a few trees here and there.
- Deserts are similar to steppes, but with even less vegetation.