Though the cities themselves are not particularly distinguished from other towns, they are different in that they are the fiefdom of the factions' leaders and the court of the realm is located there.
During gameplay, it is possible for capital cities to be changed. This can happen if they are lost into enemy hands, or occasionally the leader may just move their court on a whim.
The six capitals are:
- Jelkala, the capital city of the Kingdom of Rhodoks, ruled by King Graveth
- Praven, the capital city of the Kingdom of Swadia, ruled by King Harlaus
- Reyvadin, the capital city of the Kingdom of Vaegirs, ruled by King Yaroglek
- Sargoth, the capital city of the Kingdom of Nords, ruled by King Ragnar
- Shariz, the capital city of the Sarranid Sultanate, ruled by Sultan Hakim
- Tulga, the capital city of the Khergit Khanate, ruled by Sanjar Khan