Anno Domini 1257 is a total conversion mod for Mount&Blade: Warband set in 13th century Europe, Middle east and North Africa during the Crusades and Mongol Invasions. The game starts in March 1257AD, and is historically accurate to that point. From there, the player shapes the world with his/her actions, with the ability to let the Crusades or Mongols succeed at invading all of Asia and Europe.
- Huge map consisting of all of Europe and parts of the Middle East and North Africa, featuring 42 factions.
- Hundreds of new historical, region based troops.
- More than a thousand new items, armors, weapons, all historically accurate for XIII century.
- Buildable castles with ability to improve its fortifications to three levels.
- Manor system with the ability to build custom settlements (buildings that you build appear in the scene!).
- Realistic engaging combat system with taunts, formations, improved horse archer skirmishing scripts and other features.
- Custom battle scenes, realistically depicting each region of Europe from barren desserts, palm filled oasis, european swamps, open steppe battlefields, mediterranean plains, snowy gorges, frozen lakes, thick german forests.
- Weather system, including desert storms, blizzards, rain storms.
- Play as one of your soldiers after your death, with the auxiliary player feature (can be turned off in the mod options in the Camp menu).
- Crusading system: Join a crusade or start one yourself!
- Join a crusader order as sergeant or a knight!
- New optional lance recruitment system, aiming to emulate medieval feudal recruitment system.
- New Companion system improved and remade with an easy interface for recruiting.
- New improved Tournament system with 1vs1 jousting tournaments and team based tournaments, which offer more gold than vanilla warband.
- Sea battles and sea travel. Speed while travelling in sea vary based on the weather.
- Custom region based scenes for castles, towns and villages. And many unique historically based reconstructions of real places!
- Diplomacy Mod has been integrated.
- Freelancer Mod has been integrated. Join a king's or lord's army as a soldier for weekly wages. Be loyal and earn promotions and new equipment based on your rank.
- Many other minor and major features!
These are all of the 42 in game factions (as of version 1.03)
Some screenshots of the map:
Some screenshots of the game: